Who we are
At Flashfood, we are on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and affordably feed people. We are tackling this gigantic problem together, with a team that believes in authenticity, perseverance, and humility. Our team comes from a variety of different industries and backgrounds such as management consulting, finance, and emerging technology, however we decided it was time to do something different - something that would create a better world for future generations! Our casual and collaborative culture makes us who we are. We have a passion for supporting our community and that starts with our ability to empower our people. We are ambitious and hard-working, and are extremely proud of the culture we have created. We communicate openly and are not afraid to push boundaries. Flashfood is looking for a dynamic person to join our team and help lead and drive growth, understanding, and success.
Who you are
Reporting to the Optimization Manager, you’ll be responsible for the results of Flashfood with your account(s). This will include training grocers, gathering feedback, innovating supply and creating strong relationships with grocers operation teams. You’ll be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact and helping to solve difficult problems. We are looking for candidates that have great people skills which they are looking to apply in a meaningful way. From the start, you’ll be instrumental in supporting our grocer partners on their mission to reduce food waste. By working closely with the partner’s operations leaders, analyzing opportunities and implementing new initiatives you will reduce food waste and drive results. On the Flashfood operations team, we are focused on creating an amazing, effortless experience for our customers and retail partners. We act as a bridge between shoppers, retail partners, and our technology. You could say that we are the glue that binds it all together. We believe that feedback is the key to building a great product and we are relentless in our pursuit of feedback from all parties.
What you will do
- Strong interpersonal skills. You are able to build and maintain strong relationships with external partners and your team.
- You are a great team player. You know how to listen and manage up.
- Fantastic execution skills. You get the job done; even when things don’t go to plan.
- Exceptional analytical skills. You think excel is fun and you are proud to say it. Bonus if you know your way around Tableau.
- Hunger for continuous improvement. You love to learn and you try to get better every day.
- Amazing prioritization skills. You relentlessly prioritize your time to focus on things that will make the biggest impact.
Although the current COVID-19 situation has decreased the travel requirements for this role, as it mostly done remotely, the following requirements should still be considered:
- This job may require moderate travel in the future.
What you will need
- Create strong relationships with grocers operations management teams
- Drive revenue, utilization and conversion across your account(s)
- Own engagement and ensure a smooth operational process that creates a positive impression of the app by our partners
- Oversee and steer performance and revenue optimization to reach profitability targets.
- Participate in daily/weekly calls (Flashfood operations, staff-wide)
- Analyze and summarize results with your account(s)
- Be a brand ambassador for Flashfood in the community
- Gather and communicate productive feedback
- Coordinate continuous training programs for our grocer partners
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team members to improve our partner and shopper experience
- This is not a sales role, but it is results-oriented, so some of those skills will come in handy
- This is not a typical 9-5 job; you will make your own schedule, and you’ll sometimes need to be available for short bursts of work on evenings and weekends — This is a growing tech startup, and we’re all accountable for its success